I'm dan durant, i draw a lot, so heres a couple of my drawings to enjoy.
Art Univeristy Bournemouth
illustration
© daniel durant 2009 - 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I used marquee tools to create the frog. i didnt want to give the frog pupil becasue i felt the white eyes seem to stare at you anyway. i used jungle images to help give me an idea of how i could make the background work with the frog in the foreground

I began adding in vegetation and water conintuing with the marquee. i added shadows in the bushes to help make the frog stand out but still retain its natural camoflauge.

I further added background trees to bring emphasis down onto the light greens and blues. i also added in a soft glowing sunrise again using the gradient tool.

My final additions to the image were the dead frogs. i wanted to incorporate the same strategie as the fishing net design by creating brightly coloured dead frogs to help emphasise the frogs situation. i erased areas of the frogs to mkae them look as thoguh their sinking. i really liek how the stream dithers away along with the frogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers