I'm dan durant, i draw a lot, so heres a couple of my drawings to enjoy.
Art Univeristy Bournemouth
illustration
© daniel durant 2009 - 2010

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ghetto (Hardcover)

by Adam Broomberg (Author), Oliver Chanarin (Author)

jack showed me this ridiculous book. really interesting reading about other peoples mental states and what they do. also got prisons and retirement communities. accompanied by some amazing photographs.

extract : The answers they received to their questions were both revealing and absurd, but with the powerful and dramatic truths that they found, for instance, with Rafael, a patient in the mental asylum in Cuba: "What are you scared of Rafael?", "I'm afraid of the outside". "Why?". "Because Rafael is there and I don't want to see him". "But you are Rafael". "Now you understand what I'm scared of".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers